Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My "Bucket" List

Now...don't worry- I'm not about to list off 100 things I want to do before I die...just about 10 things I want to do before I'm...say...40---how about that?!  I wasn't able to listen in on our team training call on Monday night {late night diaper run before MDO the next day}, but as I was talking with my team mentor and friend, Kristie, she filled me in.  The call was about vision.  Now it was more specifically geared toward vision for your business, but isn't vision in anything a good thing?  I know that the Lord calls us to look Heavenward, so I know that that is my ultimate vision.  But I also know that he wants us to live lives that direct others towards His light and goodness and mercy.  So as I have been thinking about my vision for life- here are a few things I want to do- some fun, some serious, but all in a way that pleases my Savior. 

1. Have more children...biological and adopted.  I don't plan on being the Duggars, much less the Brady Bunch...but I do know that my future holds more children and I look forward to filling our home with them!  So I guess possibly the Brady Bunch (in number of children...not blended- Jared's stuck with me!  Even though I assume Carol and Mike's former spouses died??  Okay...anyway...)

2. Adopt.  I know that this one kind of goes along with #1, but it's so heavy on my heart.  I know that the Lord has a lot of work to do on my heart and Jared's before this will happen, but I am confident that it will.  The Lord laid this desire on my heart while I was in college, and I know that "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to carry it into completion until the day of Christ." {Philippians 1:6}  I have found so many adoption stories and blogs--- it would take me another hour just to list them all here.  So do me a favor---if you are adopting, have adopted, or plan to-- please share your blog or story with me in the comments section.  I'd love to do a post dedicated to all the adoptive families I know-- whether we're BFFs or acquaintances or blog stalkers or old friends from the good ole UU days! 

3.  Be at home FULL-TIME.  Our schedule is nuts around here.  I absolutely LOVE working with the homeschool group I work with- and I can truly see myself continuing to do this once my boys are school age.  But with all the time and energy Jared puts into soccer, it would be so much more beneficial for all of us if I were at home full-time.

that being said....

4. Build my Internet CEO Moms business.  This team has been such a blessing-- moms helping other moms work from home- most of us have the same vision of being a stay-at-home mom.  I think that this is truly the best work-from-home business out there.  There are so many great opportunities--- but this one is definitely the best one that works solely from home without having to do outside parties or take in/buy your own inventory.  The company we work with is great and I know that we would still be members even if I weren't building a business with it!  In fact, only 12% of their customers build a business!  That tells you that 88% of their customers are completely satisfied being just that-- customers!

5.  Take Jared on a trip to Disney World.  He has never been and I went once in the sixth grade.  I know that there are 100 million things to do there- but before we take our kids, I want to take a trip just the two of us!  And he wants to go to Harry Potter World, so I guess I will go along with that one, too!

6.  Go on a mission trip as a family- regularly.  I know my kids are still young now to take a big trip, but, hey- I have til I'm 40 to get this list done!  Plus there are so many opportunities close to home- I don't want my children to grow up thinking that everyone is raised the same way they are.  I feel like my parents did a good job at that with us by letting us participate in different missions opportunities, but you always want to go a step further than you were taken, right?  When I was in high school, I had such a passion for missions.  I thought at one point that that's where the Lord was leading me- full-time career missionary.  Not that I still don't (and not that He still couldn't), but life has happened and my thoughts outside of my "world" have become fuzzier over time.  That takes a lot of pride swallowing to admit, but it's so true.  We have some good friends who are getting ready to move to Vancouver to partner up with a group already there.  I'm so thrilled for them and for their faith that God has led them to this point in their lives!

7.  Now this one may be a little silly...but ORGANIZE ALL MY PICTURES, PRINT THEM OFF, MAKE SOME TYPE OF PHOTO BOOK FOR MY CHILDREN TO HAVE!  I absolutely LOVE looking at mine and Clif's baby pictures!  I need to be better at printing off Miles' and Owen's pictures!  AH!

8.  Now for another silly one--- start and COMPLETE a sewing project.  I have a machine.  I have material.  I have patterns.  Now...just do it.  Right???  I have about 4 or 5 different paint/wood/canvas/chair recovering projects going right now...maybe I'll get them finished and given or hung up {or sat on} around here soon!

9.  Okay...so I guess 8 is all I have right now! 

I encourage you to do something like this...you don't have to blog about it...but I'm not a big journal-er (?), so this was the best way for me to write it out and put it "out there"! 

No comments: