Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Dentist Saga {part 2}

(forgive the music...just turn your speakers off...I looked for "the dentist song" from little shop of horrors, but it wasn't on playlist!  Or I guess I'll just turn it off...how about that??  =)

So...just a short six months ago, I blogged about our first dentist experience with our firstborn and the terror of a nightmare that it was.


Well, today, six months later, was no better.  I tried a different approach this time.  After talking with a friend last week about it, I decided I wouldn't bring it up with him.  Maybe last time there was too much talk about it beforehand and it lead to the breakdown.  So instead, I told the boys this morning we had some errands to run- one of those things was getting haircuts (which is generally a pleasant experience).  I didn't mention the dentist {avoiding the truth} which is where we were headed first after we dropped Owen off.  He was a champ last time, but let's face it, he was about nine months old then and a lot more content in his stroller than he is now!  So no questions asked really when Meme came and got Owen- I told Miles I had a special errand for us to run (okay so that was lie #1, I guess).

So we pulled up.  Our dentist is in the same building as the pediatrician we use and the place I used to get my haircut.  Well, I couldn't avoid it anymore.  He asked and as I was taking him out I told him we were at the dentist.  {cue the protesting}  I carried him out of the car to the sidewalk, then told him he had to walk like a big boy in there.  {mistake #1 for mom}  He ran away from me.  Now, if you haven't met Miles- you need to know he isn't the run-away type.  I've never had to chase after him unless we're playing or he's running after little brother and I've told him to stay put.  Now, Owen is the run-away type; Mr. Adventurer and never looks back!  So I get him inside and I go to sign us in- he heads for the door!  The lady sitting closest to the door just kinda chuckles (not helping, woman!)  I caught him in time, thankfully!  He found a book and a toy and was content...then they called us back.  I almost let him go back by himself, but he wasn't even getting up from his chair.  So we head back there and he gets the death grip on my neck.  Same song and dance as last time, so I won't re-hash all of that.  You can click here for that drama.  Of course the dentist tells me I need to continue brushing, keep bringing him even if he fusses, yadayadayada...I mean- I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it were necessary!  Come on!

Then I go to schedule the next appointment and realize that it will be in November.  And it really hit me...I'll have another kid then!  Ah!!

Stay tuned...we head to the doctor next Monday for an ultrasound!  Hopefully butterbean will cooperate and we'll be able to tell what he/she is!!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

lol! I'm SO sorry!! I'll call you for moral support when we take B.

Marksberry Family said...

I keep putting off taking Caleb! I know I need to, but he is the LOUD protest kind of kid. I'm just not emotionally ready for all the stares from strangers!

I can't believe it's time to find out what you're have already!