Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring is in the air!!!

Can you smell it?!?!  Oh wait...don't breathe in too much- you might get sick...I am so thankful that the really sick bug hasn't hit our house- we've just had ear infections (which are a pain, of course), but I'd rather deal with those than worry with the flu or pink eye that seems to be making it's way around to everyone!!!  ***fingers crossed that it won't hit our house***  

Now...I'm going to take a minute to get on my {safer home} soapbox...so get ready...=)

  • Did you know that of the approximately 100,000 chemicals on the global market, less than 10 percent have been tested for health effects?  That means that the products you buy at the grocery store/target/wherever are filled with chemicals that effect YOUR allergies and skin?  

  • The companies that sell the products on the shelves aren't concerned about providing you with safer products for your home (even the *green* ones); they are concerned with their shareholders.  End of story.

  • Did you know that there is a better way to shop for the products you need in your home?  We "switched stores" almost 2 years ago and I can't tell you how much money I have saved the hubs by testing out this or that new product or even just the impulse shopping I do when I peruse the aisles!  I'm sure you've seen that cartoon on pinterest!!

I have 100% confidence that my kids aren't being exposed to harsh or harmful chemicals by using safer products in our home.  I'm 100% confident that I am not being exposed to them either when I clean the house!  

I'll have a *real* moment with you--- Owen is into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.  He climbs on everything and thinks the world is his jungle gym- especially my kitchen counters.  He recently got a hold of the kitchen cleaner spray bottle that was on top of my bar counter.  (He has a fascination with spray bottles now that his fingers are strong enough to pull the trigger- we have a water spray bottle we spray the boys' hair down with in the mornings)  Anyway-  he of course got trigger happy with the spray bottle- except it was pointing towards his chest!!  He got the cleaner all over him!!  If that had been a bottle of cleaner I bought at the store with chlorine or bleach in it, we would have immediately had to take him to the hospital or call poison control!!  Of course I carefully watched his skin over the course of the next few days, and you know what- he didn't have one bit of aggravated skin from it!  

Here's a brief video that shows how awesome the EcoSense line is we use in our home!  

  


Of course I'd love to share this info with you!  Let me know when a good time would be for you to swing by my house to see the products for yourself or if you'd like to invite a few friends over for me to share with all of you how you can convert your home to safer, more eco-friendly products!!  ***and fyi- I don't sell these products- you would do your own shopping directly from them- I have just found that I am passionate about safer homes and getting other people to love it, too!!  I can share all the ins and outs with you if you like!***

Okay- so now that I'm off my soapbox----

Do you have any big plans for spring time?!  I'd love love love to plant some things with the boys this spring- some easy things- flowers and maybe even some fruits...I saw something on pinterest (of course) about how to do strawberries in a pot.  Maybe blackberries, too??  I don't know--- any suggestions?!  

Here's a few pics of my cuties~~~

precious

how cute is she?!  she has started rolling over...when I put her down...which is hardly ever.  =)

I don't have a good one of Miles right now--- my next post will be about Owen's CONSTRUCTION birthday party!!!  It was great!!  

No comments: